He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot. So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth. Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.  As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.  Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches. (Revelation 3: 15-22)

The seven churches in Revelation typify churches today. Today there is a church like Laodicea. Jesus reproves "the church of Laodicea" and said, "I know your act." Normally, people in church understand Jesus' word "act" with "no faith, no zeal." By the way, the act here is related to something. The Bible says in John (6:27).Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth unto everlasting life, which the Son of man shall give unto you: for him hath God the Father sealed. This is about eternal food. It is God's will that concerns eternal food, and it is believing in God sent. That is, everyone who sees the Son and believes in eternal life. It is said that it is neither hot nor cold about obtaining eternal life. Jesus said, "and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth." My mouth is Jesus. The word of God comes out of Jesus' mouth, which says, "You are lukewarm, not mine."

Beause thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
This is lukewarm. As Jesus said to the church, "to be rich means to be saved." But he thinks he is saved, but Jesus says, "Not so." As for the kingdom of God, you are miserable, poor, blind. Jesus tells the Laodicean people, "You are miserable, poor, blind." They think that "believed in Jesus and were saved," but "Jesus does not know."

Although they say that they believe in Jesus, they are believers according to their thoughts, "receiving the Holy Spirit, keeping the law." These are the ones who have never actually met Jesus. Not being awake to the word of God, still standing in front of a towel. The Bible says in 2 Corinthians (3:14).

But their minds were blinded: for until this day remaineth the same vail untaken away in the reading of the old testament; which vail is done away in Christ. Although they say that they believe in Jesus, Jesus points out that they are still keeping the law because their towels are covered.

Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. (Revelation 3:20) Jesus is knocking outside the door of the church. But they do not open, so they cannot enter. It means that they do not believe that they have been forgiven and saved through Jesus Christ. By the way, if they are forgiven and saved because of Jesus Christ, they must be unrelated to the law. Jesus is above the law, and they must not believe in the law under him.

Jesus said: I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see. Laodicean people think that they are all saved, and that is what Jesus says: I am Jesus, the fire is the Holy Spirit, and the gold is the word of God. This means to realize God's Word, which is written by inspiration by the Holy Spirit. The rich are rich in the kingdom of God.

The church of Laodicea is not rich, meaning that the church of Laodicea has no word of God. White clothing means God's righteousness. To buy white clothing, you must not depend on anything else, but only into Jesus Christ. To enter into Christ we must die on the cross with Jesus. To be naked is to be a sinner, not the righteous; to buy and apply eyedrops is to hear and realize the word of God, and open the eyes of the kingdom of God. So open your eyes and meet the cross of Jesus. "Meet Jesus" is united with Jesus on the cross.

As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.(3:19) To repent means to turn to God, not to reflect on what is wrong with the world, but to turn to God. Regarding the church of Laodicea, repent means "Jesus stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me. It is not that Jesus comes in to say "Come in" to Jesus, but Jesus comes in when united with Jesus on the cross.

To him that overcome will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He who overcomes must overcome the world as Jesus did. Jesus overcame the world by forsaking it. He died by dying to the world. He overcame because he died for the world, died for sin, and died for the law. The Bible is explained in Romans (8: 3-4).

For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:  That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. We are not able to fulfill the law because of the weakness of the flesh, but to those who are not following the body and following the spirit, God means to fulfill the law through Jesus Christ.

The apostle Paul says in Galatians (6:14). But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. Those who are crucified with Jesus are old men. The old man who was not born again by the Spirit is under the law. The old man must die with Jesus. If the old man died, the new man is reborn into the spirit body by the power of the Holy Spirit. But though born in the spirit body, they still have flesh. So the mind of the spirit must control the flesh and fight against evil (Satan). He who overcomes will be on the throne of God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Question 10: Is that enough?

(4) Melchizedek

Question 64. What is the invisible church?